Ed Reed Risky For IDPers

Posted On Saturday, August 22, 2009 by JakeTrain |

NFL fans were immersed with Favre and Vick headlines this week. But what else went on that might be interesting for fantasy owners to know? This week's installment of BOXCAR Blitz provides a few more links to recent NFL fantasy football news and opinions. Read More

fantasy football news

I'll start off with a nugget for those who play in IDP leagues. Ed Reed let everyone know he is still feeling soreness in his neck and shoulder areas due to an impingment. With the contact Reed will face in the NFL it's hard not to think Reed will be limited or held off the field at some point this season.

Bruno Boys' ADP Watch highlighted a few of the RBs being taken earlier as the season nears.

Favre returned and didn't do much. I really think Favre will lose as many games as he will win for them. As I touched on in my previous post about NFC North QBs, Favre's "ideal situation" with the Vikings isn't so ideal for fantasy owners.

Since I've had a few inquiries, those of you who like the BOXCAR Babes portion of my blog may want to check out lingeriebowl.com for more attractive fantasy football leagues.

The knocks on Jay Cutler's fantasy value this season usually start with his lack of WRs but I keep trying to tell my friends and family into fantasy football that the Bears are still a running team and don't want Cutler throwing for 4000 yards. Chicago Bears OC Ron Turner reminded Cutler of that recently and those of you who have not realized the true ceiling of Cutler in 2009 should take note.

Newly signed Bills top pick DE/OLB Aaron Maybin has a nice video interview on Buffalo's official site.


In light of the Favre and Vick sagas I went a little lighter than usual. I'm also currently working on my 2009 fantasy football rankings and should have those ready by tomorrow!

BOXCAR Football updates are also available on RSS and Twitter!

edit post